BDes in Graphic Design course in India is a four-year undergraduate course in design where students learn to design and create visual content to communicate a specific message to their audience. They use theoretical, practical, and business knowledge to create graphical content. The BDes degree in graphic design is suitable for creative individuals who find interest in creating logos, advertisements, films, websites, and other visual media content.
With our rapidly evolving digital era, BDes in Graphic Design degree boasts high demand in almost every industry. This professional degree enhances the artistic and technical skills of students.
The four-year BDes degree in India is divided into eight semesters. Visual arts, marketing, computer science, and communications are the several fields a student can explore by conceptualising and executing designs. BDes in Graphic Design is recognised by the American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA) and the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
BDes in Graphic Design includes the below-listed subjects:
- Visual Thinking
- Story of Art – 1
- Fundamentals of Drawing – 1
- Inter Design Studies
- Fundamentals of Design: 2D and 3D
- Colour Theory
- Introduction to Visual Cultures
- Fundamentals of Drawing – 2
Average Fee Structure for BDes Degree
The average fee structure for BDes graphic design in India ranges between ₹ 3,00,000 – ₹ 10,00,000 for different colleges in India.
What is the B.Des Graphic Design Course all About?
BDes subjects of graphic designing are all about mastering the art of developing visual content using icons, pictures, illustrations, etc. The course imparts knowledge about the following:
- Visual identity graphic design
- Motion graphic design
- User interface graphic design
- Marketing and advertising graphic design
- Publication graphic design
- Environmental graphic design
- Packaging graphic design
- Arts and illustrations
The BDes Graphic Design course imparts knowledge on different graphic design aspects in eight semesters, each of six months.
Students pursuing this course require software knowledge, creativity, visualisation, visual designing skills, programming language knowledge, and colour theory knowledge.
There are numerous BDes graphic designing degree jobs in a wide range of sectors, including the following:
- Digital content
- Corporate design
- Web design
- Editorial design
B.Des Graphic Design Eligibility
Mentioned below are the eligibility criteria for the BDes Graphic Design course:
- Candidates completing standard 12 from any recognised board (CBSE/ICSE/WBSSC/others) in any stream, including science, arts, and commerce, can apply for admission to the BDes Graphic Design course. The minimal aggregate score in standard 12 should be 50%.
- Candidates appearing for their higher secondary qualification in any stream from any recognised board.
- Candidates who hold or are appearing for a 10+3 diploma program.
- Candidates who have passed the two-year pre-university or intermediate examination under any of the associations of Indian Universities’ recognised boards.
Top Colleges for BDes Graphic Design
|College name and location||Average fee|
|National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad||₹5,79,000 – ₹7,54,000
|Pearl Academy, Delhi||₹3,08,000
|MIT Institute of Design, Loni Kalbhor, Maharashtra
|Industrial Design Centre, Mumbai||₹9,14,000
|Symbiosis Institute of Design, Pune||₹4,20,500
|JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai||₹5,55,000
|Northern Indian Institute Fashion Technology, Mohali||₹88,000
|Indian Institute of Art and Design, Okhla, New Delhi||₹19,41,000
|Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab||₹4,89,000
Admission Process for B.Des Graphic Design Course
BDes in Graphic Design course in India features a straightforward admission process based on a simple entrance test. However, some colleges in India extend admission to students based on scores and marks obtained in prior examinations.
Some colleges offer admission to students based on their marks scored in the 12th standard examinations or any other equivalent exam. The fee for the BDes degree is high for colleges that extend admission to students based on entrance examinations.
- Candidates who desire to pursue a career in graphic design and wish to acquire a BDes degreecan look for admission forms on the official website of their chosen college.
- Any eligible candidate can fill in the form. Typically, the form requires information like academic details and personal records.
- Once the candidate fills in the form and pays the fee, the verification process follows. After verification, the candidate is granted admission.
Most reputed colleges in India that offer BDes in Graphic Design conduct yearly entrance exams for their new annual batch. Following the entrance exam, colleges even conduct personal interviews to shortlist the students.
- Visit the college’s official website and fill in the application form for the BDes Graphic Design course.
- Fill out the form and collect the admit card required to sit for the entrance test. Remember to carry the admit card to the examination hall during the test.
- Once the entrance examination results are announced, the shortlisted names of candidates are released. The shortlisted candidates are called for a personal interview round.
- Candidates who score well in both the personal interview and the entrance examination are shortlisted for admission.
Why should One opt for B.Des in Graphic Design Course?
Graphic designing demands a lot of creativity. Any individual with a creative bent of mind can pursue a career in this visionary field. Here are some reasons to opt for this course:
- A graphic designing course imparts knowledge about creating visual content and creativity and teaches students about various programming languages necessary for graphic designing.
- Opportunities are endless once you complete the course on B.Des Graphic Design. Every industry requires visual content for its advertisements and communication in our digitally evolving world. Hence, the scope to build a fruitful career with a BDes degree is immense.
- Bachelor of Design (Graphic Design) graduates get an average package of about ₹2 lakhs per annum to ₹8 lakhs per annum.
Before opting for a BDes degree and deciding the path of your career in the design field, you need to research well. You can also check the best guide to become a graphic designer in India. You can connect with Sunstone for optimal guidance while picking a career in design. With industry-curated training that is delivered in association with 50+ campuses across India, Sunstone helps you acquire relevant skills that will ensure you stand out from the crowd. The unique financing model and advanced certifications offered by Sunstone can help you on your way to success in the design field.