CBD or cannabidiol is a cannabinoid found in the cannabis plant. It is one of the 500 compounds that are present in the plant. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is another compound found in cannabis. Hemp is a non-toxic variety of cannabis, and products derived from hemp plant extract don’t make you high. The demand for hemp products has suddenly shot up in the last few years because of its health benefits.
But don’t jump on any CBD product without searching as there are different types of CBD products in the market. CBD oil is the most potent form that works the quickest. You have to drop it under your tongue from where it will be absorbed into the bloodstream. It gives immediate results. The CBD oils generally fall into three major categories:
- Isolate oil: An isolate only contains CBD and no other compound found in the cannabis plant.
- Broad-spectrum oil: The broad spectrum oil contains small CBD and other cannabis compounds, except THC.
- Full-spectrum oil: This oil contains CBD and other compounds of cannabis like flavonoids, terpenes, THC, etc. However, the amount of THC is not more than the legally recommended 0.3 percent.
So, the broad-spectrum CBD oil falls somewhere between an isolate and a full-spectrum. Broad-spectrum oils give you the benefits of CBD without THC. It is widely popular for its health benefits.
You will find many Broad-spectrum CBD oils in the market that are super overwhelming as a buyer. So, you must know about your product before you make any purchase.
Tips For Buying Broad Spectrum CBD Oil
- Know why you need it: CBD oil has so many health benefits. But before you start using it, you need to know if you need it or not. Analyze your health condition and then decide how helpful it is going to be for you. A health professional or your doctor can help you out with this.
- Is it safe to use? Broad-spectrum oil contains no THC, and it’s legal to use across the US state. As this is a hemp plant-based product, it is generally safe to use. However, ask your practitioner before using CBD oil. A doctor will help you with the dosage direction and monitor drug interactions.
- Choose a good brand: Markets are full of brands that offer broad-spectrum oil. So, you must buy it from a trustworthy brand. Choose a brand that provides a valid lab report for the customers. An ISO certified company or state-run dispensaries are also good options to buy your CBD oil.
- Check the ingredients: You must check the list of ingredients on the CBD oil you are purchasing. The best CBD oils are those made with natural ingredients. So, it will help if you look for such products only. Broad-spectrum CBD oil does not contain THC, a chemical compound found in the cannabis plant. If you find it in the list, then it’s undoubtedly not broad-spectrum oil.
- Choosing the right carrier oil: You should always use CBD oil with a carrier oil. You can use any carrier oil, such as olive oil, coconut oil, hemp seed oil. The choice of oil depends upon your taste and how it’s affecting the performance of the CBD. Try all the oils to figure out what oil is best for you.
Broad-spectrum oil can help in pain relief, anxiety reduction, and improved sleep. As it does not contain THC, it will not put you at risk of failing a drug test. It has more benefits than the CBD isolates as the combination of other compounds work together to enhance the medicinal effects of CBD. Besides, the presence of other compounds strengthens its therapeutic value.